ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Welcome, October.



Displaying IMG_20150927_121456.jpg

Oh October. How do I possibly express with words the feelings and warm thoughts I have for this month? It truly is the best. Ever since I was a young girl I can remember being excited about this month. For one obvious reason, it's my birthday month! But for other reasons that are just so hard to describe! 

I think my mom really instilled in me a love and joy for this fall season. She would be the first one to take me to the apple orchard, teach me what "baking apples" were the best to use, make my all time favorite apple crisp, buy pumpkins and mums for our front porch, decorate our home for the season, lite candles that smelled of cinnamon and spice, and take us for fall drives along Wisconsin country roads. She was (and still is) one great mom for doing these simple "fall" things with me.

Along with a new month (the BEST month!) comes new goals. In September I wrote and shared some goals with you. I would like to share how those goals are coming along! I gotta admit. Some of them have been successful, others have not. That's life. That's being human. I'm a work in progress every day.



September goals:

Complete Kayla Itsines BBG Guide 1.0
I can happily say I am on WEEK 6! There have been weeks of missed workouts, resulting in these progressing weeks being a bit hard, but I am committed to stick with it! Half way there, I can do it.

2. Bible reading, devotion, and prayer FIRST thing in the morning
This is the HARDEST one to admit to not being as faithful with. I have excuses as to why it doesn't always happen, but they really aren't worth mentioning. Excuses only give you reason to keep going in the pattern you are in. While I've been doing these things daily, they are a bit haphazard and not given full attention and focus. Could you pray for me? Pray that I find the focus, attention, and downtime to fully focus on God's word and spending time in prayer.

3. Stretch after every workout for 10 minutes in the evening.
This has been done much more than it used to! Baby steps are happening! I found this great website, Do Yoga With Me. There are numerous and FREE online yoga videos for all different levels. I'm all about using free and in my living room resources when it comes to workouts. If you're interested in yoga and flexibility ( you should be ;) ) check this website out!

4. Put 2 hours a day into my 90 Day Game Plan.
Starting an at home network marketing business is tough work friends! It's a lot of trial and error in the beginning. While I've devoted 2 hours, and usually more each day to grow my business, it takes learning balance. I'm still figuring out my "office hours"

5. Finish a book
Friends, I told you I'm bad at this!! This goal will be moving into the October goals...

6. Plan intentional time with Josh
I really believe we've done a good job with this. The other night we set aside time to watch a movie together, we take 20 minutes to talk to each other after I get home from school, we've gone on movie and dinner dates. It's been a great month of dating my husband and spending intentional time together!



Now for October's goals:

1. Finish a book
I'm going to do it! I've gotten about a quarter of the way through the book I wanted to read in September. I plan to set aside 20 minutes of each day to read. 20 minutes is NOT a long time. I can sit and be still for that amount of time...I think! 

2. Do yoga 3 times a week
I have always been interested in yoga and being flexible. But I'm such a mover and "I need to sweat" workout person. I think it's time to slow down, and treat my body with gentle and flexibility producing exercises.

3. Continue doing and being more consistent with the Kayla Itsines BBG Guide 1.0
I plan to be on week 10 by the end of the month! I'm hoping to not miss any days so as to feel strong and confident in the exercises I am doing by week 10. These workouts are no joke!

4. Set up and follow specific "office" times
With a varying work schedule, this is tough! Yes, there might be a phone call to set up or a message to respond to at random times, but I plan to have my "in the office" completely focused work time be from 7-9 pm every evening. When I have mornings off the time will be from 9-11 am, and if there is an afternoon available 1-3 pm.

5. Go to the apple orchard, buy baking apples, and make my mom's absolute best apple crisp
This one is self explanatory. It's not October, or my favorite month without a trip to an apple orchard and making apple crisp. There will obviously need to be a blog post about this goal...

6. A month without buying new clothes or coffee shop coffee
Josh and I are really trying to find ways to live within our means and cut out unneeded expenses. It might be a bit shocking and embarrassing to look and see how much money we could have saved in the last month if coffee was not bought or clothes left on the rack. I have clothes in my closet and coffee grounds on my counter. The Lord has given me all the things I need and wants me to be a steward of those things. So farewell holiday cups and new booties. Maybe I'll see you for Christmas :)


Happy October, friends. I hope you've also set up goals for yourself to help you truly make this THE best month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!