ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Find It All Joy (a little life update)


In the slowness of this season, I'm striving to find joy + gratitude in the small daily routines. Our life might not be glamorous, interesting, or adventure seeking every single day, or even every other week for that matter. But it's filled with Jesus, faith, love, rest, and an overabundance of blessings. For that, I will rejoice, be glad, and have JOY!

So let's do a little life update and celebrate the small things, shall we? 

Despite the slowness, there are a few exciting things happening + some resources I've found on the internet that are bringing fun + inspiration into these long + dark January days (Midwest winters are no joke, friends) From birthdays, vacations, jobs, workouts, to a green smoothie recipe that interests me (and maybe you too!).

So here you have it, a little peak into life at the moment :)


Josh's 27th birthday was this past Sunday. We aren't big "occasion celebraters" or "gift givers," but a home made surf + turf dinner is totally us. Laid back, simple, and in the comfort of our sweatpants. Happy Birthday, again, husband! 



You guys! We are officially planning our summer vacation...and we're going to California + Nevada! I have not been to either state, and I am so excited to experience them. I've been Pinteresting + Googling San Francisco attractions + places to eat all week long (talk about major food cravings...) And of course, being the camping + mountain hiking lovers we are, a trip to Yosemite will be happening as well. Planning + daydreaming about this vacation is getting me through these winter months, no doubt!



If you're not friends with me on snap chat (rach_schultzz) you totally should be. Especially if you would like to see the ridiculous + weird person that I truly am....and also the cutest 9 month old baby snaps you'll ever see. I absolutely love my nanny job, and Josh appreciates the 20 million snaps he gets throughout the day :)

Have you heard of Daily Burn? It's a website with a large collection + variety of workouts that you can do in your home, for $10 a month. I am a BIG in home workout person, and I also enjoy variety in my workouts. I've never been one to finish a "90 day program" in its entirety...but if I have 5 different types of programs at my finger tips, you bet I'll be motivated to try a different one every day. Is anyone else like this? If so, daily burn is definitely worth a look. I'm loving the Yoga + Dance programs. Right now I'm using the 30 day free trial, but I'm thinking I might fit that $10 into our budget for February! 


I'm feeling super health inspired by Kimberly Snyder and her Glowing Green Smoothie ( #GGS). I found her videos on oneoeight.tv (definitely worth a watch, and a free trial account. Yes, I'm a sucker for "free trials"...) I gained some great advice from her when it comes to having a morning + evening routine. One of her suggestions for your morning routine is to have something "light" for breakfast that allows your body to continue in a detoxifying mode. She explains that putting something more heavy in your body, for example an egg omelette (oh man, I love eggs for breakfast!), will then have your body go into digestion mode. So interesting! I'm all for my body staying in detox mode ;) The smoothie calls for a water base with 70% greens (kale, spinach, romaine, etc.) and 30% fruit (suggested options were apple, pear, banana, and lemon. Lots of fiber!) It sounds delicious, and I will be trying it!


So this was fun! And a great way to feel grateful for the goodness + inspiration that is in my life at the moment. And as always, I hope it inspired you in some way too. How are you finding joy during the winter months?


No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!