ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Slow Season.


I wrote this post in the beginning of September. For whatever reason, I chose not to post it. Maybe because for a short period of time things shifted to being a bit busier. Maybe I wasn't comfortable sharing my thoughts. Maybe I felt that people couldn't relate, or would judge my situation in life. Whatever it was, I'm putting those reasons for not posting aside, and sharing my thoughts on a slower season that God has placed me in.


As long as I can remember, I have always been a "busy" person. My hands have been in multiple baskets at one time, and I continually went from one job, meeting, sport, church function, to the next. I have held the personal belief that being busy and occupied with obligations was a good thing. It kept me on task, focused, and gave me a feeling of accomplishment. I still personally feel that I thrive off of a busy schedule; it's just my makeup.

Josh and I recently moved to Michigan after a school year in Milwaukee. In MKE Josh was a student and I taught a 4 and 5 year old kindergarten class. Life in Milwaukee was in constant motion! We loved this new and challenging season in our lives and learned so much. Now in Michigan life is a bit different, unbelievably enjoyable and great, but most definitely different.

Currently, I'm in a season of slowness and the unknown. Slow, in that I am not teaching, planning lessons, or working long hours. I'm actually able to spend time with Josh, read, BLOG, and enjoy a bit more relaxation. Unknown, in that I hold a couple of part-time gigs (nannying and subbing), but it's still up in the air as to what else I will end up adding to that. Or will a full-time opportunity present itself? And then there's next year. Will I be doing the same jobs? Will something else fall into place? Who knows.

So this is life. It's taking care of 3 sweet little boys, spending more quality time with Josh, committing to a budget (oh, how I miss that salary!), having time to do things I enjoy instead of obligations I must complete, and curing any anxious thoughts with His words, "Be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10) 

Someone I love shared this verse with me, and reminded me of this: "Being too busy is one thing that keeps us from God. Know that in slow times the Lord is calling you to spend some quality time with Him!" My Lord is right. It's time for me to be still. It's time to sit back and enjoy this season of time. An opportunity of growing closer to God is too good to pass up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!