ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Thursday, November 26, 2015

I'm thankful for you, Lord.

Displaying c239781bfef19c5e0be3c05f247d4cd9.jpg
Displaying c239781bfef19c5e0be3c05f247d4cd9.jpg

I have numerous things in this life to be thankful for, its true. 

Faith
Family
Health
Career
Home
Food
and an excess of other earthly belongings.

My cup overflows. 
God has made me a steward of far more then I need.

People often say, "I am blessed." That's true, we are all so very blessed. I've uttered those words many times when thinking of the things, people, opportunities I have in life.

But on this Thanksgiving, it is my goal to focus more on the Lord, then on my blessings. 
To be thankful for not just what we have been given, but for who He is. 
To find joy in the giver, rather than the given.

I am so very thankful for this life, but Lord, I am even more thankful for You.

I am thankful for your Son.
I am thankful for His innocent blood that was shed on the cross.
I am thankful for Your Law, to show me my sin and need for a Savior.
I am thankful for Your Gospel, to show me I have a solution.
I am thankful for Your Grace + Justification.
I am thankful for choosing me, for pursuing me, for giving me life saving faith.

As I listened to my devotion this morning, I heard these words:

"Thanksgiving is not just an ability to see the good things in life, but a new attitude of joy toward God who has been good to you. His love for you in Jesus has no end."

Let this be our thanks + meditation on this Thanksgiving day, and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!