ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

My Favorite Things of 2015

I have a "Year in Review" post written and ready to go for the end of the month, but I just couldn't help myself with another "look back at 2015" post. I got this idea from Victoria, to share my favorite things, moments, people, and experiences of 2015!

Favorite Make-up Product(s):

Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation

Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 Hour Perfecting Primer

I don't have perfect skin. I have struggled with active acne + acne scars for the past year. A foundation that provides great coverage is a must. I LOVE the coverage of this foundation, how naturally it covers, and how well it stays when paired with the perfecting primer! If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, this one is worth a try.

Favorite Opportunity: The chance to be the models for a styled wedding shoot with Laurelyn Savannah

It was even featured on Style Me Pretty! I always dreamed of our own wedding being featured on a wedding blog. Even though that did not happen, being a part of this beautifully styled wedding shoot was a fantastic alternative. I cannot rave enough about Laurelyn and all of the other vendors that were a part of the day.


Favorite Moment(s): Josh's call day + graduation day



Favorite Travel Moment: Grand Tetons + Yellowstone + Jackson Hole, WY





Favorite Book: Paper Towns by John Green

I don't read a lot of fiction, I'm more of a personal development book kinda girl. But I just love how John Green writes. I always fall madly in love with all of his characters. It was the perfect read while we were traveling to Wyoming.

Favorite Photo(s):



This was on the 4th of July. We celebrated with an outdoor concert and fireworks in Wyoming.


I used this photo for my blog post about having a healthy mindset when it comes dieting + body image. This was such a raw + honest post for me, and I'm so thankful for this picture to remind me how I put my fear of negative perception to the side, and shared my story.

Favorite Restaurant Visited:

This is a tough one, so I'm going to cheat and list multiple ones ;)


Zingerman's Deli in Ann Arbor, MI


I don't recall the name, but this Mexican restaurant in Alexandria, VA was ahhhhhmazing.


Pnky G's Pizzeria in Jackson Hole, WY. We went at least twice while there. The drinks were made well, and the pizza was ridiculously good (especially after a 14 mile hike). We also loved the laid back (servers shouting your name all around the restaurant to come get your pizza) type of atmosphere. 


The Little Fleet might just actualy win my favorite "restaurant." It's a little place in Traverse City, MI that has THE BEST food trucks like, ever. The BBQ Pork Tacos from Pigs Eating Ribs were the best things I think I've ever eaten. I still dream of eating them again.

Favorite Skin Care Product:


I try to make my beauty products as non-toxic and natural as possible. This body wash is not only healthy + natural for your skin, but it smells fantastic. It also lasts a very long time, so it's a totally worthwhile purchase. I'm hoping to start using their shampoo + conditioner as well.

Favorite Clothing Item(s):

Hands down this long cotton black dress from Gap, and this over-sized sweater from Express.


Favorite Movie:

Josh and I are HUGE movie watchers. A perfect date night for us is dinner in, and getting a $1.25 rental from Family Video. While we rented and went to some great movies in 2015 (jurasic park, star wars...etc.) My favorite movie of 2015 would have to be: Age of Adeline staring Blake Lively. I rented the movie with not so high expectations. I actually thought I would be disappointed, but I loved it. Surprisingly enough, Josh did too. A close second would have to be Schindler's List. And a close third would be Thin Red Line. I know these did not come out in 2015 (think '91 and '98), but I'm big into renting "classics" and movies that Josh raves about and tells me I need to watch ;)
Can I also say that I suuuuper excited to see these movies really soon? (Joy, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Revenant (love me some Leo), and The Big Short, just to name a few!)

Okay, so that was lots of fun. I'm thinking I may have to do that every year. Maybe even bi-annually?! So please tell me, what have been a few of your favorite things this year? (I totally just started singing the song...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!