ABOUT               CONTACT               HEALTH + WELLNESS               MARRIAGE + MINISTRY

Monday, December 28, 2015

A look back at 2015.


One of the reasons I started this blog was to document and remember moments. So of course it makes sense to do a 2015 recap post. I'm going to keep this one short on words and let the pictures do a lot of talking.

(ALSO) You can check out my previous Favorite Things of 2015 post for another look at this year!

January


We celebrated our first anniversary on January 4th. The night before we did dinner and a Milwaukee Bucks game. On our actual anniversary we kept it simple with a coffee date. Crazy to think in a week we will have our 2nd anniversary. Crazy.

February


February was rather slow. Just how I like it. One thing that stuck out in my memory was the marriage presentation we went to, led by Pastor Don Patterson and his wife. The quote above so deeply encouraged me as a Pastor's Wife. I remember loving everything about that day, and soaking up every little nugget and encouragement they had to give about having a husband in the ministry.

March



The part of March I remember most is getting sick...multiple times. After almost a full year of teaching Kindergarten without ANY sickness, March hit me hard! When I wasn't stuck in bed, I enjoyed my dear friends bridal shower, and a visit to Milwaukee from my parents. 
Also...hey long hair. I maybe miss ya a bit (sigh).

April




Oh April, you were so much FUN. 
During Easter break, Josh and I went on a trip to Ann Arbor, MI and Washington D.C. with his parents. In Ann Arbor we went to the Michigan Football Spring game, and had a fun time exploring the city. From Michigan, we headed to D.C., where Josh's sister and her husband were living. It was my first time in D.C. and I can't wait to go back again.

May



If April was fun, then May was a whole lot of excitement. I finished my first school year teaching 4 and 5 year old Kindergarten. Those kids completely stole my heart, and I'm pretty sure they taught me more than I taught them...
And the biggest news of May! Josh graduated from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary and we found out where he would be serving as a pastor. Of course, he was called to teach High School at Michigan Lutheran Seminary for the next two years. We started thinking about our move to Michigan, and dreaming of attending football games.

June






If I could go back to any month, it might just be June. We were both done with school, we weren't moving until July, and our time was spent enjoying our last days in Milwaukee, soaking up the summer weather, and seeing family and friends. June was the best. We also had the extreme privilege of being a part of a styled wedding shoot with Laurelyn Savannah Photography. You can see more of the shoot on my blog post, or featured on Style Me Pretty. 

July



In July I was in my best friend/college roommate's wedding. I was so honored. She was gorgeous, and they threw one heck of a party! 
A huge highlight of Josh and I's year was traveling to the Grand Tetons in Wyoming. We took a 2 day hike up into the Tetons. I had never experienced anything like it before. I definitely caught the mountain hiking bug. The day we got back from the Tetons, we began packing up our Milwaukee apartment and moved to Saginaw, MI. 
Phew. July was a doosey. 

August





We settled into life in Saginaw, took a weekend trip to traverse city, Josh was installed as a minister of the Gospel, and I started this blog!

September



September was full of change and transition. For starters, I cut numerous inches off of my long locks. I also started a new job as a nanny. I'm still working for the same family and I am loving every second of it!

October



While June may have been a great month, nothing ever beats the month of October overall. We enjoyed the Michigan Homecoming game, my mom came to visit for a whole week (all the hearts for her coming), and I celebrated my twenty-fourth birthday.

November


We traveled to Wisconsin/Minnesota for my families Thanksgiving. There's just something that I absolutely LOVE about Thanksgiving. Maybe it's the food, the meaning behind the Holiday, that there's no fuss over presents or decorating, or maybe because it's the one Holiday my extended family all gets together. Whatever it is, I know I love Thanksgiving. My mom was even kind enough to drive a bit outside of town, find the perfect woodsy backdrop and lighting for a Christmas card for Josh and I. She's great, that mom of mine.

December



We traveled to Wisconsin + Illinois this year for Christmas. There was so much family, food, church services, babies, and memories. God has blessed us with the most amazing families, and we are very thankful to have spent the Holidays with them. The fun isn't even quite over yet! This last week of December we will be spending some time (weather permitting) in Milwaukee with friends, Josh is in a wedding, and we will have a Schultz family Christmas on January 2nd!

2015, you were so grand + full of excitement, change, and fun. We are praying that the Lord brings just as much fun our way in 2016, and continues to work through us to bring the good news of Him throughout all the world. I hope the beginning of this new year finds you well, rested + ready to thrive and grow in the newness ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments mean tons + tons. Thank you!